- Do you hear a lot of noise outside? If your windows don’t provide adequate protection from the sounds outside, they may not be sealed correctly or could have been poorly made to begin with. New double or triple pane glass windows insulated with Argon or Krypton gas can decrease outdoor noise, which is helpful when living in a busy neighborhood or on a busy road.
- Can you feel a draft, even when your windows are closed? If so, there could be several issues including poor installation, faulty seals and more. A drafty window can drastically affect the overall temperature of your home. This causes your HVAC system to work twice as hard to keep up with the changing temperature.
- Are Your window frames soft, chipped or water damaged? If your window frames are soft to the touch or chipped, they may already be beyond repair. Soft window frames indicate rotting wood water infiltration. It’s possible that they will start sagging, if they haven’t already.
- Is it difficult to open, close or lock your windows? If your windows weren’t installed correctly, they tend to develop balance issues, making the windows difficult to open and close. Windows that are rusting or rotting can also be difficult to use. If your windows do not close properly, you may not be able to lock them, which impacts your home security.
- Have you noticed condensation build up between the glass layers or cracked window glass? This means that your seals have failed, allowing moisture to get between the glass window panes. Once the seals fail, any insulating gas used to make the window energy efficient is gone. Cracked window glass allows additional spots for air to leak in and out of your window.
At Pikes Peak Windows and Doors, we offer multiple energy efficient replacement window options that save you money on your energy bills and help to block UV rays.
When choosing a replacement window company, it’s important to ask the right questions.
- Who manufactures the windows?
- Who will be installing the windows?
- How energy efficient are the windows?
- Do the windows come with a warranty?
Are you ready to replace the windows in your home? Have your questions answered by scheduling a free estimate with one of our Window Installation Experts, or by giving us a call at 719-528-2440.